Bells-Hill Branch Club was installed in September 1941. There HQ are in Bells-Hill Orange Hall, halfway between Downpatrick and Crossgar. It derives its name from the name of the hall and members of this Branch Club are drawn from surrounding districts.
12th June 1940 the first meeting was held, with Bro. Edward McGhee presiding, that it was decided by the Brethren present who were members of Saintfield Branch Club to form a Club in this District. Bro. Edward McGhee was elected the first President, and as a rule of the Club is that no one can hold this office more than one year in succession. The Club has had 11 Past Presidents from 1941 to 1954. In 1946 a considerable number of members transferred to form a new Branch Club in Killyleagh. A considerable number of the members transferred to the new Branch Club.
1st July 1947 was a notable occasion for the Club, the Club banner was unfurled and dedicated. One side bears that memorable picture cherished by all Apprentice Boys, “The Mountjoy Breaking The Boom.”
Since its inauguration the Club has never failed to attend the Annual Relief of Derry celebrations.
On 26th January 1953, nine Past Presidents were presented with collarettes on behalf of The Branch Club.