Benvarden Branch Club was formed in 1947. The Thirteen foundation members were; Bros. John Stewart (President), Jack Kearney (Vice-President), Robert Warke(Secretary), Nathaniel Campbell (Treasurer), Alfred Warke (Sen), James Blair (Chaplain), John Blair, Andrew Reid, Thomas Reid, John Watton, Hugh McIntyre, Joseph Cochrane and Thomas McLean – attended Killowen Branch Club, Coleraine. The Charter was installed in Benvarden Orange Hall on the 2nd August 1947. These officers remained unchanged until 1951, when Bro Jack Kearney and Bro William Stewart were elected President and Vice- President respectively.
In 1948 The Club dedicated a new banner.
It was the responsible for the formation of a new Branch Club namely Bushside, whose original Thirteen members were initiated in Benvarden and attended there until they received their Charter.